Getting Married in Rocky Mountain National Park

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding! Wedding ceremonies in Rocky Mountain National Park are authorized through a Special Use Permit that requires a non-refundable administrative fee of $150. Normal park entrance fees apply for all vehicles associated with the wedding. Carpooling or shuttling is strongly encouraged, and may be required, as parking space is limited in some areas of the park.

Applications for a Special Use (Wedding) Permit may be applied for up to one year in advance and must be approved by the Chief Park Ranger. Additional information on weddings can be obtained by contacting the Concessions Management Office at 970-586-1209 or writing to:

Concessions Management Office
Rocky Mountain National Park
Estes Park, CO 80517.

Ceremony Locations:

Weddings are not permitted in public facilities such as visitor centers, roadside turnouts, parking areas, overlooks, or in special wildlife viewing areas. No sites can be reserved for the exclusive use of your event. Scheduled park programs and activities may be taking place at the same time and in the same general area

The maximum size for any ceremony is 100 people. For weddings, this includes the wedding party, children, officiate, and photographer. There are limited sites that will accommodate these larger ceremonies and these should be scheduled as soon as possible through the Concessions Office.

Not all party sizes will be permitted in all areas Size limits vary depending on parking, time of year, and location of site.

Most designated sites in the park can only accommodate small groups of up to 20 people. For non-designated sites not on the list please contact the Concession Office for further information.

The number of sites available to accommodate larger wedding parties (21 and more) is limited due to conflicts with high visitation, resource protection concerns, etc.

Park visitor centers, restrooms, and other buildings may not be used for wedding preparations such as dressing, picture-taking, rehearsals, and waiting areas. These facilities may not be used in the event of inclement weather. Equipment such as tables, chairs, carpets, tents, floral displays, signs, banners, flags, generators and amplifiers cannot be used in the park. Facilities for receptions and parties do not exist in the park. Throwing and scattering rice, birdseed, flower petals or other materials is prohibited. Normal entrance fees apply to all vehicles associated with the wedding. Advance payments can be arranged by contacting the Concessions Office at 970-586-1209 If you have any questions about this process, contact the Rocky Information Office at:

Application Form:

Click here to download a printable ceremony permit application.

 Previous Page… 

 Copyright © 1998-2006 Karl Snyder, All rights reserved. 

 Privacy Policy 

Updated on